Welcome!

Our mission is to empower our visitors with actionable advice that will help them achieve their goals for their future. We’re not just another blog – we are committed to helping you succeed financially!

SignUp Now!

Managing a small business in a bad economy

Nov 11, 2020
Occupation
Small Business Owner
This is a bit of a question but more so an open thread for small business owners to discuss their plans for the remainder of 2020 and into 2021.

As you all know, COVID-19 hit small businesses hard. It is estimated that upward of 80% of small restaurants will be closed by the end of the year for good. Several areas are facing another lockdown thanks to the spike in gatherings because of the election.

I run my business mostly online but my customer base has dropped by nearly 70% and has yet to recover. I am planning on hosting holiday sales in an attempt to gain more customers and more sales.

What are you planning on doing for your small business?

May 26, 2022
Occupation
Contractor
I work for and by myself for the most part. My business did not take too much of a hit. If anything, I had more work because people were moving out of city areas and buying homes. That being said, the inflation is what has hurt me the most. It seems like I have to keep upping my fees and people are being put off by it but if I don't, I lose money.