Share your thoughts on several topics like finance, Real Estate, Credit, or simply learn to know each other!

Info Kids should be taught about doing taxes

ADS

Tonya

Advanced Member
Occupation
finance
Reaction score
Occupation
finance
Taxes are a major problem for younger adults more than ever these days. Schools to my understanding, don't usually teach taxes, and how to actually do them during tax season. I never learned them in school. I'm pretty decent when it comes to tax season, but I know adults who still have problems with them. That's why I always propose teaching it in schools at an earlier age, or at the very least in high scool.

What do you guys think?

Julio

Occupation
Student
Reaction score
Occupation
Student

Absolutely. There are things you don't need from school.​

I am 24. I don't know how to do my taxes or how to fill out a lot of legal forms.

If these were taught in high school I would be so happy. Am I using anything I learned in "music history". No. Or how about that presidential fitness test? No.

Joel

Advanced Member
Occupation
Business Owner
Reaction score
Occupation
Business Owner
I had to learn it the hard way myself, which took me quite a while to get used to it. But after years now of doing my own taxes, I find it becomes a lot easier. But yeah, it should totally be taught in schools. I don't get why it hasn't become a mainstay in schools. I wish I learned taxes back then, I probably could have helped family and friends with them too.

Kevin

Advanced Member
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Reaction score
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Yes! This needs to be taught in school for sure. I don't get why no one has pushed for this more. I could have used a tax class. I took money match and they didn't even do tax stuff in that class. Maybe schools will start to actually teach taxes soon.

bomb

Advanced Member
Occupation
Engineer
Reaction score
Occupation
Engineer
Taxes are a major problem for younger adults more than ever these days. Schools to my understanding, don't usually teach taxes, and how to actually do them during tax season. I never learned them in school. I'm pretty decent when it comes to tax season, but I know adults who still have problems with them. That's why I always propose teaching it in schools at an earlier age, or at the very least in high scool.

What do you guys think?
You are right. Financial literacy should be part of the curriculum from the very tender age of the kids. That way they will grow up with the skills necessary to handle their finances better.

Erika

Advanced Member
Reaction score

What do you guys think?
Yes, you are right. And even the Bible echos on the same when Jesus said pay Cesar what belongs to Cesar and give God what belongs to God. Kids have a high comprehension rate for new information. That is the right age to introduce such complicated things in a way that they can easily comprehend.

Charley

Advanced Member
Reaction score

What do you guys think?
Sure, i agree with you 100%. Kids should be introduced to money matters from the very first time they realize that you need money to buy stuff, and that its not easy to find it. That is the opportune moment to teach them how that same money can be tracked and why it is important to pay a certain percentage to the government.

agile

Advanced Member
Occupation
Project Coordinator
Reaction score
Occupation
Project Coordinator

What do you guys think?
Am totally in agreement. In fact the concept should be introduced in junior schools and the advanced application of the same will be at the high schools stage. I am one of those adults who are still struggling with the tax issues.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Join our finance & real estate community now our newsletter.

Find member