Share your thoughts on several topics like finance, Real Estate, Credit, or simply learn to know each other!

ADS

Kevin

Advanced Member
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Reaction score
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I hear there are many castles still about in Europe. I would love to own one for myself one of these days, because who doesn't want to be a castle owner? It'd be so cool!

I can only imagine the cost of owning a castle is up there. I doubt I would ever be able to afford one. How much do you think a small castle would cost?

bomb

Advanced Member
Occupation
Engineer
Reaction score
Occupation
Engineer
Well, buying an old castle won't make much sense now. The price will be over the roof and exaggerated because of the past history of the castle. Instead, I would buy land, somewhere affordable, and build my own castle with my own design. It will cost you less.

agile

Advanced Member
Occupation
Project Coordinator
Reaction score
Occupation
Project Coordinator
I hear there are many castles still about in Europe. I would love to own one for myself one of these days, because who doesn't want to be a castle owner? It'd be so cool!

I can only imagine the cost of owning a castle is up there. I doubt I would ever be able to afford one. How much do you think a small castle would cost?
I agree with @bomb buying an old castle will cost much. Not only in acquisition, but also in repair and maintenance. I would build my own castle instead. And put some underground secret bunkers and passages that i wish for. Old castles cannot be redesigned without hurting the foundation.

Erika

Advanced Member
Reaction score
Hahaha....come to think of it. It will be cool to own a castle! But honestly, unless you want to turn it into a museum, it is not worth it. It will be extremely expensive if you don't intend to use it for business.

Charley

Advanced Member
Reaction score

That sounds interesting. And yes, i don't think it's affordable to an average person. I would weigh the options of buying Vs. building. I am sure it will be cheaper i the long run to build one.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Join our finance & real estate community now our newsletter.

Find member