Share your thoughts on several topics like finance, Real Estate, Credit, or simply learn to know each other!

Question How much money is needed for a startup?

ADS

Kevin

Advanced Member
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Reaction score
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I am looking to start up a new company with a top secret idea I've had for quite a while now, and was wondering how much money is needed to do a startup? I have around $15,000 saved for this very reason. Do you think I have enough to start moving on an idea? I know it's just a small chunk, but I want enough to just get started and I can figure it out from there.

Joel

Advanced Member
Occupation
Business Owner
Reaction score
Occupation
Business Owner
I am looking to start up a new company with a top secret idea I've had for quite a while now, and was wondering how much money is needed to do a startup? I have around $15,000 saved for this very reason. Do you think I have enough to start moving on an idea? I know it's just a small chunk, but I want enough to just get started and I can figure it out from there.

Well, that depends on the start up and what it'll cost. $15,000 may be a start, but there's no garauntee it'll be enough to get your business where you want it. Some businesses may require a lot more to get going. I hope you're able to turn a profit fast, because that $15,000 is going to be gone like nothing.

bomb

Advanced Member
Occupation
Engineer
Reaction score
Occupation
Engineer
My short answer is: It depends.
Why...
You need to write a business plan. From the business plan, you will be able to establish whether $15000 is enough or not.
Am saying this because some businesses will consume the entire $15000 in rent, legal and legislative issues only. While others will use the same amount to run for an entire year+

Erika

Advanced Member
Reaction score
I would consult my business plan. You don't want to embark on a business worth that much without a detailed business plan.

Charley

Advanced Member
Reaction score
If i were you i would invest more on the hustle or the business that made the $15000. But if it is a loan, i would suggest you delay taking it until you confirm the facts and figures of the venture you wish to invest in. That amount is too much to invest blindly.

agile

Advanced Member
Occupation
Project Coordinator
Reaction score
Occupation
Project Coordinator
It all depends on the kind of startup you wish to start. As members have suggested above. I would quickly develop a one pager plan that will list the priority things. Also most important, do a SWOT analysis before the rubber hits the road. Sometimes what you thought was a meticulous business plan may end up having several flaws.

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Join our finance & real estate community now our newsletter.

Find member