Welcome!

Our mission is to empower our visitors with actionable advice that will help them achieve their goals for their future. We’re not just another blog – we are committed to helping you succeed financially!

SignUp Now!

Question Have you ever had to force a tenant out?

Sep 29, 2020
Michigan
Occupation
Real Estate Agent In Training
I have only rented out one place, and it was one of my bedrooms in my current home. I had to get some money a few years back, so opened my house to one tenant. Anyway, the tenant became a problem and I had to work my way to getting him out. It took 30 days with a court order to have him move out. Anyway, have you ever had to deal with evicting a tenant? Have you ever had to force a tenant out?

Sep 30, 2020
Jacksonville
Occupation
finance
I have only rented out one place, and it was one of my bedrooms in my current home. I had to get some money a few years back, so opened my house to one tenant. Anyway, the tenant became a problem and I had to work my way to getting him out. It took 30 days with a court order to have him move out. Anyway, have you ever had to deal with evicting a tenant? Have you ever had to force a tenant out?

I've never had to myself, but I've known people who've had to force tenants out of their apartments or houses. I've even dealt with a local squatter who pretty much moved into some guys house when he went on vacation. He ended up having to call the police and give him a 30 day notice. No joke. But, I hear these sort of things are being stopped more often.

Oct 1, 2020
Texas
Occupation
College Student
I have never had to force someone out of a house. Then again, I don't rent out to anyone. I considered renting a place out, but I always feared I'd have to force a tenant out one day. My parents had to do it many times, as they had various houses around Texas that they rented after flipping. Some tenants don't care for the landlords feelings. Some just want a free place to stay and will extend their stay as long as possible.

I hope I never have to deal with it though.

Jan 3, 2021
No but seen someone evicted from neighbor house as they are 8 people living our their while only 3 tenants allowed to stay and they also using drugs on property. Landlord who also owns our house need to call police to evict them.

Jul 31, 2021
Never had such experience, I always try to rent to people who can afford it. I always make a good background check about them before renting it. I usually rent to students, as my property is near university. Students always pay rent on time and when they leave after their studies, they recommend my house to their friends and juniors. I still have regular contact with my previous tenants. Most of them became my good friends.