Welcome!

Our mission is to empower our visitors with actionable advice that will help them achieve their goals for their future. We’re not just another blog – we are committed to helping you succeed financially!

SignUp Now!

Question Do you have to pay taxes on all earnings?

Oct 20, 2020
Occupation
Unemployed - looking
I am new to a whole lot of things, but that's on me. I want to learn and grow from this, so this may be a dumb question, but do you have to pay taxes on all earnings? Even if you make cash for odd jobs? I'm just curious, because I heard you don't always need to do so unless it's over a certain amount of profit. Is this true?

Nov 12, 2020
Occupation
Blogger
Most people will say you have to include anything over $50 but I believe it is optional. I feel that unless you are making over $500 for a single job, you shouldn't have to pay taxes on it because it is a one off. I am speaking of jobs like babysitting, cleaning, and so on.

Apr 12, 2021
Occupation
Real Estate
By "law" you have to pay taxes on anything you earn from providing a service. I don't think people should follow this for minor work like small contracts or short work jobs unless they are earning a substantial amount of money.

May 26, 2022
Occupation
Contractor
They want everything you earn to be taxed be it $50 for mowing some man's lawn or $5,000 for selling a painting. They expect to get their "unfair share". I am not a fan of the system set in place because it hurts a lot of people.